Tuesday, May 16, 2017

mother's day 2017.



the mother's day festivities started for me bright and early thursday morning when my girls came running into my room to tell me there was a surprise outside for me. they were so excited! james had vacuumed out my van for me and the girls had "helped". there was a sweet note and i would have been totally happy with just that as my mother's day gift, but the gifts kept coming all through the weekend.


when i went to pick the girls up from the gym day care on friday i was greeted with mother's day cards and a white carnation. again, the girls were so excited!



friday night, james headed to a fathers and sons night while i braved a reception in lehi with my girls on my own. in my haste to get out the door i forgot shoes for kendall. so once we'd made a quick little pit stop and got to the reception, all was well. i got to see one of my young women from taylorsville as a beautiful bride! i also got to see several other of my young women and my goodness how grown up they all are! five years is a long time!!! i also got to see people that i just love from our old ward in taylorsville. i wish i could have visited with them all night but again, being alone with the girls was a feat and we didn't stay long. just long enough to fill up on some delicious donuts and milk and then we hit the road. back at home we popped popcorn, put on jammies, and watched a movie until bed time.

the next morning james surprised me with a yummy (and so unhealthy!) breakfast sandwich and tall diet coke for breakfast. i was thrilled!


james was so accommodating all weekend to make sure all my wishes and wants came to be! including shopping for flowers in thirty degree weather! the girls were champs and handled it so well while i was so indecisive on my flower choices.


james was basically my flower planting slave as i told him where things should go and why and he just dug and planted without complaint. ha ha, i think he'll only agree to doing that once a year!



after a few more projects, we decided on chinese takeout for dinner and then james sent me on my way to go get a manicure. i felt so spoiled! i always paint my own nails (if you haven't hopped on the shellac hack train, get on board!) so having someone else do it was sooooo nice!

when i got home, it was fire + mallows time. the girls have been begging to do this since february so it was nice to finally just do it!




it was oh so sticky but oh so fun! and i loved teaching brooklyn how to roast a perfect mallow!




we had to trap addi because she just wanted right into the fire pit, so that was quite a busy job. she loved getting little tastes of everyone's mallows.


the next morning, actual mother's day, james taught the girls how to make crepes. i listened to him oh so patiently let them help him mix them up. and they were delicious! 


the primary children sang to the moms in relief society and i just loved seeing brooklyn's bright smile up there singing every word. it made my mama heart so proud!


after church, james grilled burgers, we ate, and then i got to take a glorious nap!


afterwards, we went over to see james's mom and visit with family. then we headed up to the temple for a little walk. it was a beautiful evening and we were surprised to not see the masses of people that are usually up there on sundays.



we ended the night with no bake cookies and watching a show together. all day i felt so grateful for my little family and all of the little acts of service i was spoiled with all weekend. i also remembered how i felt all those years ago on mother's day before brooklyn was born. it was such a hard day for me. i made it a point to keep other women who are in similar situations now in my mind and heart all weekend. i hate that infertility and loss has to be a part of anyone's lives. it's a trial that is still so so tender to me. i just want to throw my arms around those women and be able to tell them that everything will be ok and that it just isn't fair. but since i can't, i want to say that here. i want them to know that i haven't forgotten that pain. i want them to know that they are not forgotten. 

i am so grateful for my three beautiful rainbow babies and for my five little angels in heaven that i can't wait to meet someday!


///

a couple of years ago, brooklyn made up 'sister's day' as a holiday we celebrate the day after mother's day. she didn't skip a beat this year and even made a card just for her sisters at school. we celebrated with slushies from sonic and their choice of movie + dance party. their dad even took them (minus adalyn) to their favorite restaurant for dinner. even though it's a silly little made up holiday, i hope it's something they continue celebrating. i hope they plan fun things and get together for 'sister's day' even after they're all grown up.






brooklyn lined their matching shoes up and took this picture as a 'reminder of sister's day'. i thought it was just too cute!



and now we look forward to adalyn's birthday (how?!), spring haven, and the official beginning of summer. we are counting down the days!!!

No comments: