Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! Love, Daddy

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Today is such a special day for our family. We just really can’t believe it has already been a year since you were brought into this world. Your mother and I have been very emotional as we have contemplated how happy we have been to have you as our daughter and to consider how much you have changed in this past year. You’ve changed our lives forever. You’ve changed them for the good.

Your mother loves you so so much and works very hard every day to make sure that you are safe, healthy, and loved. I wish you could see the love and emotion on her face as she holds you and looks into your eyes and looks back on the time we’ve had together so far. She wanted you so badly and when you came, I’ve never seen her so happy. Ever. She will always be there for you!

I work hard every day to let you know that I love you and that I think about you all day while I am at work. I’m so grateful that your sweet mother is able to be there with you each day to teach you and love you while I am not able to be there. I want to give you the very best life while still teaching you the importance of hard work and accountability. I want to help my beautiful wife raise you to grow up to be an incredible person. One that treats everyone with equality, love, and compassion. You are such a special little girl that has been so blessed with your very own personality and talents. I love you so much. I hope that one day that I will be your hero. I hope that you can look up to me and know how much I love you. I hope that you will be healthy and strong, smart and kind.

You have a lot of me in you. A similar passion for life and for fun. We’ll both be learning how to take advantage of those qualities together and I pray that we don’t allow them to ever get between us, even though I’m sure to make mistakes. Be patient with your daddy Brooklyn. I love you so so much that I don't know how to fully explain my feelings for you. You're our little Brookie! Becoming a father has meant so much to me and to this point has been one of the greatest moments and experiences of my life next to marrying my sweetheart, your Mother! I still have so much to learn and so much to improve but I just wanted to wish you a happy happy birthday. My little daughter, when you have the opportunity to look back on your life, I want you to know that there have been so many who loved you and cared for you in your first year of life and that will only grow with time! You are my light and joy.

With all my heart, I love you!
Daddy

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That seriously is so sweet!