Thursday, June 14, 2012

thoughts on motherhood.

I've thought a lot lately about what my life was like before a baby. What my schedule was like, how I dressed, what I had time for, how my house looked, what my priorities were, etc... It hasn't even been a year yet and already I find myself forgetting what that life was like. Honestly, I really can't remember.

I definitely have epiphanies about my old life when I'm trying to grocery shop and my baby is screaming as I race through the store to get everything I need before I have a meltdown right along with her. I used to love grocery shopping. I really did. It was relaxing. I had time to think and time to, well, time to shop.

Sometimes I miss that life: long showers, late night shake runs, going to movies whenever we (hubby and I) felt like, and all the other things that were whenever I wanted. But nothing, nothing in the whole world of pre-parenthood could make me ever want to go back to those days. Life without my sidekick baby, I can't even imagine it.



I love having a little partner in crime. Though she frustrates me to no end sometimes, I love having her around. She has the cutest little personality. One that I could never have even dreamed up in my head. Her personality is HUGE. Seriously. She is full of it and constantly makes me laugh and causes my heart to melt. I look at her sometimes and I can't believe she's mine. All mine. Forever. What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing little soul to be my sweet little baby? I guess I'll never know.






I am more than happy and content in my role as a mother. And like any other mother will tell you, it is not all sunshine and rainbows. There are definitely hard days. But those good days, oh those good days. Nothing is more rewarding. Nothing can even compare. Nothing.


3 comments:

John and Randi said...

Such a cute post :) I can't wait to be a momma :)

Random Forevers said...

thanks randi! you're going to love it!

Mindy said...

Love this!