Friday, May 18, 2012

A Special Day, 5 years ago...


I wanted to take the time to tell a quick story this morning.
On this exact day, 5 years ago now, I woke up pretty excited for the days events.
I was working for Jason Randall, a general contractor in Layton.
They were early mornings. I was usually up and out of the house by 6:30ish.
In fact, it was a Friday on that day too, I believe.
What made it so special was that my cousin Colt and his girlfriend Sydney had set me up on a blind date.
They had been trying for nearly a month at that point and finally succeeded.
It took my aunt calling me personally and vouching for the girl because I had been so hesitant.
Work finally ended for the day and by that time I was pretty excited and made my way up to Coalville to go meet Colt and then my date.
It was about 15 min. after meeting up with Colt that we got to his gf's house.
Of course then we waited. They weren't ready.  By now I was really excited to meet my date.
While Colt and I were visiting/waiting, they suddenly came out to greet us. She was gorgeous!
That was honestly one of my first thoughts! The rest of the night was amazing and I'll never forget it.
I owe my cousin for being in tune. and Sydney perhaps even more so.
Nin, I can't believe that was 5 years ago! A full fifth of my life! I love you so much! Happy special day!
-James

No comments: