Friday, May 11, 2012

Afternoon tea...


My Mother's Day celebrations started yesterday afternoon with a spot of tea. The Mormon legal kind. My mom and sister accompanied me to afternoon tea at the Grand America downtown SLC. I had been dreaming about this for months. It totally lived up to all of my expectations. 

The china was darling. The atmosphere was something I can't describe. And the food was divine.

(I want this scone/clotted cream/strawberry jam for breakfast every.day.)

These little five finger sandwiches were delicious. Each had it's own special something and I loved them all, especially the one right in your face.


Beautiful harp music was being played in the background (live: Les Miserables and Phantom you guys!). It was so fun to be in such a fancy surrounding and enjoy time with these special women in my life.


I chose the mint and fresh tea and I seriously loved it. I did cheat a little and add a sugar cube to my cup. I think I should track this stuff down and drink it before bedtime every night. So calming. My mom and sister both went with the coconut almond hot chocolate, also delicious.


The desserts were fancy and fun. I seriously ate all of my sandwiches and dessert portions like they were nothin. I left so full though. Definitely worth the money. I loved being able to try new things. And taste yummy variations of things I've had before. 


(I love chandeliers)

(the tea three)

Thanks Mom and Whit for humoring me and letting me ride out all of my British/Downton fantasies. I had such a lovely time and would love to go with you again. The experience and memories are something I will cherish for years to come. Happy Mother's Day.


No comments: