Thursday, April 26, 2012

My water baby...



After tacos on Tuesday, we meandered over to Murray park to walk around. Of course, as soon as Brooklyn could hear the river, it was all she would pay attention to the rest of the evening. That girl loves water. Anything water. All things water. I don't know how many times I said to her, "rivers are not for babies to go in Brookie. Not even when you're a big girl." I think she understood.


I'm glad we took advantage of the nice sunny weather, because the weather has definitely changed. I love clouds, rain, and thunder. I just love the sun and being able to take Brooklyn outside as much as possible.


Today, she turns 9 months old. Yep. I know. I can't believe it either. This past month has brought on the biggest changes in her. She now has a tooth, and she crawls and climbs everywhere. She can climb the stairs like nobody's business. Her favorite thing to do is climb. She wants to do it all day every day. She has gotten quite the personality. I thought she was born with a personality, which she was, but boy oh boy, this girl is full of if now. Just last week she threw her first royal fit. I was cutting James' hair in the kitchen and of course, she wanted to be a part of it. Hair all over and all, but I wouldn't let her. I kept relocating her to the living room. She finally got sick of it. She stood at our coffee table, got on the very tips of her toes, and screamed bloody murder. We tried not to laugh because seriously, it was cute. But I put on my stern mommy voice and told her that was not ok.


She loves to shake her head to music and sometimes she'll bounce a little. She'll smile at anyone. Her favorite foods are the ones off of Mommy and Daddy's plates. She loves to be the center of attention where she'll look around the room and make sure that everyone is watching her. If you're not, she'll let you know you're missing a good show. What a funny baby.

I love her. I love her more than I ever imagined I would. I want her to have lots of brothers and sisters to play with and boss around. She makes my job as a mom, the best. Not the easiest, that would be a lie. But it's so so worth it. There's nothing better.


Brooklyn Jayde,

Happy 9 month birthday sweetie! Mommy loves you tons and tons. Let's do something fun today to celebrate. Maybe an extra 5 minutes in the bath? That's fun. And later, you can share my dinner with me. Maybe we'll try and throw a walk in there somewhere in between. And then you can play in the grass. I love you baby. You're the cutest and sweetest and I'm so happy to be your mom.

Love,

Mommy


1 comment:

=) said...

I LOVE ALL THESE PICTURES...SOOOO CUTE!!! She is getting so big...It feels like I haven't seen her in forever!