Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference Weekend April 2012

There were a lot of highlights this weekend. Yesterday I wrote about my awesome experience at NieNie's book signing. But man, the weekend just kept going. So, in order not to lose you, or forget anything...I'm gonna break it down.


Friday


After the book signing, Chels and I raced home to our hubby's so we could all go to the temple together. My parents came down to watch Brooklyn for us. So kind. The temple was amazing. So good to go back! There's a feeling there that you can't get anywhere else.


Of course, ice cream was a must on the way home. Followed by a late night of visiting. Love those!


Saturday


Despite our late night, we woke up early to get ready before the first session of conference started at 10 AM. Brooklyn slept in a little bit so I almost got all the way ready before she even opened those sweet little eyes. That never happens!


We turned it up nice and loud while we packed up to head to Clinton to watch the rest of it with James' family. My favorite talk of the day was President Packer's. It touched my heart and I will never forget it. 


After the sessions were over, my mother-in-law stuffed us full of food, like she always does, and then all of the ladies were off to a baby shower in South Jordan. The men, to the Priesthood session. It was good to see family that we don't see very often. The food there...awesome. I ate way too much. Something about showers will do that to me.


We then raced back to Clinton, in awfully windy conditions, so that James, Brookie, and I could head up to Coalville. Something very exciting was happening. Here are some pictures to sum it up.



Yep, we're adding another Holmes to the family. We couldn't be happier that it's Kenzee. Hopefully, she shares in our excitement. Dev invited her family over to my parents' house so that we could all celebrate together after the big proposal. We ate, of course, and visited long into the night.



Sunday

Because of the late night, Sunday morning came all too quickly. But as soon as I remembered it was conference again I was fired up. I got ready quickly and then had the traditional conference weekend breakfast: butterscotch rolls. This year, I helped prepare them (the night before). So good. 

I love conference. Not only for the wonderful messages that I get to hear, but for the family time. Also, the relaxing. Oh, and the eating. Of course. 

(spending time with Uncle Colby)

(dress - from Aunt Chelsea and headband - from Mindy, my pen pal in Canada)


(how much is that baby in the window?)


(conference = cuddling)

(it also = candy, naps (you know you do too), and distracted listening)

("Wake up Auntie Hay! Paint my toenails.")

I loved conference. Every word. Gosh, the feelings I have after conference, they're like, the ones I have on Christmas day. I wish I could feel like that every day of the year. Why and how can I be on such a spiritual high and be so motivated to do better and be better and have it all go away within a week? I guess not all of it, but a lot of it. Maybe that's why we have conference twice a year. It's the greatest reminder and motivation to be a more Christ like person. To try harder. To be better. I'm grateful for them. Those conference weekends.



h a p p y  t u e s d a y !

(not mine)


No comments: