Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring & ice cream


Ahh...spring is being good to us. I guess we're only two days in, but so far, it's good. I am getting more used to keeping up with Brooklyn. Does that mean I'm getting into shape? I know. I'm not THAT naive. But my mom powers are kicking in or something like that. 


Anywho, it was a good day. The sun was shining and lunch was an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Man those things are good. Not good FOR me, but good good. Brooklyn enjoys having a little taste as well. 



We made a quick trip to one of my favorite places to grocery shop: Sunflower Market. Oh goodness. Their produce is where it's at, for real. They also have a great cheese selection. I got some pepper jack to put on turkey burgers for dinner. I also got green beans, mangoes, avocados, green grapes, carrots, and some kettle cooked BBQ chips. And I got it all for a great price. If you live by a SF, take advantage. 
(yes, the plate is decorated like a football)

Dinner was all of the above (except green beans) and turkey burgers. Deven called it, a summer dinner. That's for sure. James and I lived off of turkey burgers last summer. Delish! I could definitely eat like this year round, besides the fact that it just wouldn't feel right. It's my warm weather months' dinner. I can't take that away from it. Plus, it just tastes better when the weather is warm. The green grapes were perfect. Mmm. Definitely a repeat in the near future.

The rest of the night went like this: I went to YW's (Brookie in tow), Deven studied, and James re-built a computer. How's that for a pretty productive, low-key night. Brooklyn and I had to save up our energy for the big trip to CCC. 

A report on that tomorrow. For now, enjoy a picture of my super smart hubby doing his thing with computers. How lucky am I? Who else can say their husband can build a computer?



P.S. I wore my Saltwaters ALL day. I bought them in February and had to wait many days to finally wear them. They will also be accompanying me today at CCC.


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I wish I could wear sandals without freezing! It's snowing up here today. Those sandals are the exact ones I've been dreaming about getting for Samuel. Maybe I'll just have to majorly splurge for his chubby feet for summer.