Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring & ice cream


Ahh...spring is being good to us. I guess we're only two days in, but so far, it's good. I am getting more used to keeping up with Brooklyn. Does that mean I'm getting into shape? I know. I'm not THAT naive. But my mom powers are kicking in or something like that. 


Anywho, it was a good day. The sun was shining and lunch was an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Man those things are good. Not good FOR me, but good good. Brooklyn enjoys having a little taste as well. 



We made a quick trip to one of my favorite places to grocery shop: Sunflower Market. Oh goodness. Their produce is where it's at, for real. They also have a great cheese selection. I got some pepper jack to put on turkey burgers for dinner. I also got green beans, mangoes, avocados, green grapes, carrots, and some kettle cooked BBQ chips. And I got it all for a great price. If you live by a SF, take advantage. 
(yes, the plate is decorated like a football)

Dinner was all of the above (except green beans) and turkey burgers. Deven called it, a summer dinner. That's for sure. James and I lived off of turkey burgers last summer. Delish! I could definitely eat like this year round, besides the fact that it just wouldn't feel right. It's my warm weather months' dinner. I can't take that away from it. Plus, it just tastes better when the weather is warm. The green grapes were perfect. Mmm. Definitely a repeat in the near future.

The rest of the night went like this: I went to YW's (Brookie in tow), Deven studied, and James re-built a computer. How's that for a pretty productive, low-key night. Brooklyn and I had to save up our energy for the big trip to CCC. 

A report on that tomorrow. For now, enjoy a picture of my super smart hubby doing his thing with computers. How lucky am I? Who else can say their husband can build a computer?



P.S. I wore my Saltwaters ALL day. I bought them in February and had to wait many days to finally wear them. They will also be accompanying me today at CCC.


Post a Comment