Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our day. . .



Today was a day I've been dreading for about a month. Any time Brooklyn has to get shots, is a time I despise. She got the first half of her flu shot at her six month appointment and then I was instructed to bring her back a month later to get the other half. 

Ugh.

She was such a good baby all the way to the dr's office, making happy noises in the back seat. It helped keep my calm. When we got to the office I was surprised to see that hardly anyone was there. That was good. I didn't want to have to wait. We really were in and out. Brooklyn cried only for a little bit, but her heart was definitely broken. Poor thing. 

(funny girl)

By the time we got back outside into the sunshine she was a happy baby again. When we got home I fed her and then put her in Uncle Dev's care while I ran to the Sunflower Market for some produce. This is when I saw this. 


Gosh I love Utah mountains. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I quickly got the things I needed and headed home. Normally, I would spend lots of time just roaming in that market. So many things to see and dream about eating.

Brooklyn was good for her 'babysitter' and was ready for a nap. So while she slept, I looked up the recipe for dinner. I had already looked at it a couple times, but I always have to read it again right before I make it. 



Tonight we had Tuscan Garlic Chicken.

(source for recipe)

It was super yummy and very filling. I totally recommend it.

For dessert, I made rice krispie treats and was tempted to eat the whole pan. But don't worry, I didn't.

No comments: