Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kabob

Last night was a kabob kind of night. I just felt like having myself a little kabob. Boy was that a good choice. James and Dev agreed. It was like eating summertime. No joke. The kabobs were packed with chicken wrapped in bacon, red onion, bell pepper, and pineapple...wait for it...smothered in BBQ sauce. Yes. It was good.



We chased those delicious little kabobs down with ginger ale and grape soda (the summer drink). The smell of the BBQ and the rain outside was almost too much excitement for one night. Heaven I tell you. There will be BBQ-ing in heaven. I just know it. 


Before the kabob-ing Dev, Brooklyn, and I went grocery shopping. Brooklyn was very content until we hit the check out line. Dev was paying at another register about six aisles down and could hear Brooklyn screaming at the top of her lungs. Luckily, it only lasted about ten seconds. Otherwise, I was ready to be the mom that leaves her cart with everything in it, unpaid for, and takes her child out of the store so they learn that it is not ok to do that. Lucky for me she stopped. I really wanted those groceries. I needed them. 


I don't know what I'll do when Dev is done with school for the semester (that's in like two short weeks). It's so nice to have him around not only for the company, but also to take grocery shopping and to other places while I run errands. He's a big help and he can always keep Brooklyn happy. Man. He's like a live in nanny. I'll be so sad to see him go. But boy have I been spoiled to have him around so much after missing him for two years. I guess I can't complain or be too sad. 



Today brings a meeting and hopefully lots of down time. Wednesdays are always a little hectic with YW's and then trying to keep the nightly routine down. So Thursdays are definitely a down time kinda day. A read a book, watch a movie kind of day. I love you Thursdays. Thanks for the wonderful prelude that you are to my weekends. Without you I would be truly lost. 




p.s. R&B from LUSH makes my hair smell a-maz-ing. I'm not lying.


No comments: