Friday, February 10, 2012

Sicklies and Taxes

Brooklyn seemed to be feeling a tad better this morning. So...I decided we'd run a few errands. The first one being downtown to the Gateway. We picked Uncle Dev up at LDS BC and then ventured over. Brooklyn was a champ. Grinning from ear to ear in her car seat and stroller. I was so relieved. 



Until we headed home. Dev got out of the car and she screamed and cried. She definitely loves that uncle of hers. So I sang "The Wheels On The Bus" the whole way home (it's only 10 minutes, don't feel too bad for me). She fell asleep right before we pulled into the driveway and then woke up when I turned off the car. She was mad. She was sick. She was hungry. She was tired. Oh boy.


I got her inside as fast as I could and fed her. She would not settle down. Nothing was working. Not even her sippy cup or favorite toy was doing the trick. Mommy was losing it. Really. My patience was dwindling. Then, she fell asleep. Thank goodness. It gave me a few minutes to gather myself and relax for a minute. 


By the time she woke up, I was ready to be the best mom I could be. Luckily, James came home shortly after and we were off to see our tax guy. Brooklyn wasn't sure she liked the tax guy. She started fussing the minute we walked into the room. James and I both took turns standing up and bouncing her. We were in and out of there in no time. For real. Twenty minutes, and we were homeward bound. 


I started dinner (remember that yummy apple salsa? Ya we had that again) and straightened up the kitchen. We ate and then watched the newest episode of The Office. That show has become a staple in our home. So funny. We love it.


Then Dev and I took off to run a few errands while James stayed home and held down the fort. We weren't gone for even an hour, and when we got home, we saw this...


(asleep on Uncle Dev's bed) 

Such a good daddy.



h a p p y  w e e k e n d !

No comments: