Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Productive Monday

Yesterday was a productive day.

Brooklyn and I had breakfast - rice cereal for her and oatmeal for me.

I showered and got ready, then bathed Brooklyn and got her dressed. She is loving being able to move around wherever she wants. She rolls around and she creeps like an inchworm forward. Little sweetie. She is full of it.

When Uncle Dev got home from classes and could help keep an eye on the little one I was able to make some bread. Something I haven't done in a long time. It felt good. The smell of bread permeating through my house.

Brooklyn took a good nap and I was able to get things straightened up around the house, dishes done, that kind of thing. I like getting as much done as I can while she's asleep. It's a great motivator.

Dev and I went and got a few groceries (don't worry, Brookie was there too) and then I started dinner. Spinach and feta pasta. One of my favorites. The homemade bread paired nicely with it, along with a green salad.

It was brownies for dessert and a movie.  

My house was cozy with the smell of bread, dinner, and brownies. I had candles lit and even a hoodie on under my apron. But as cozy as it was, and I love that, I was craving summer. Craving. I am almost tempted to start a countdown to summer. Almost.

I don't mean to wish my life away. That's the last thing I want to do. Brooklyn will turn 1 this summer and I don't want that yet. There's just something that happens to me in the summer. I don't know if it's the sun or the snow cones, but something about summer makes me giddy. I love it.

(me last summer at Taylorsville Dayzz - in all my pregnant glory)

But until then, I'll enjoy my sweaters paired with skinny jeans and boots. The most comfy outfit invented. And cuddling with my hubby and cute chubby baby.
 

No comments: