Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cooking

Cooking has definitely become one of my passions over the last couple of years. Sometimes I even obsess over it. Finding that 'perfect' recipe just makes my heart flutter and fires me up to get in the kitchen and get cookin' like a mad woman. Not many recipes can do that for me.

But when I do find that recipe...I hold onto it. I make it several times - almost to memorize it. I'm afraid of losing it. So as of late, I've been sending these 'perfect' recipes to my e-mail. My little folder appropriately named Recipes, is full of all my favorite recipes that I never want to forget. I hope to make them until I am 80 years old (k maybe not that old). I want my children to grow up eating them and wanting to use them when they have their own children.

Last night I made one of those recipes. It was a first timer. But boy did it score. It's a recipe from a blog that I absolutely love, Our Best Bites. I'm sure you've heard of it. Well, skim through their recipes and make something tonight. Seriously. There are lots of great ones to choose from. Might I suggest:


(their pictures are much better, but I still thought my version looked tasty)

If getting healthy or losing weight is on your list of resolutions, then this recipe is definitely a go. It's both healthy and filling. And the flavor combinations are super yummy. It's a healthy party in your mouth basically.

If you try it, let me know.

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yum, you weren't kiddin. That looks SO GOOD!