Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Temple Square 2011

Tonight we went to see the lights at temple square with my family. It definitely did not go how I imagined it in my head. Having a baby makes it a little more interesting for sure.



It all started out grand and great. We were all bundled up and ready to take in the beauty and wonder of temple sqare. We made it to the gates and Brooklyn decided she didn't like her snow suit. While James and I stopped to make her happy, we got separated from the group. So we walked around a little just the 3 of us and tried to enjoy the lights. Brooklyn was good for another 5 minutes and then she had it. We caught up with everyone else and my mom took Brooklyn into the Joseph Smith memorial building to get her out of her dang suit.

She was screaming bloody murder. Darn it. She was also starving. So my mom and I hurried into the bathroom which thankfully had a couch and chair. I did my best to make myself nursing-ly available while Brooklyn was still screaming. My mom was holding up a coat to keep me modest. She finally settled down once she was eating, but got fired up again when I tried to switch sides.

(girl pic in the bathroom)
My blood pressure was rising and I felt a little embarrassed, but then, out of nowhere, I had this peaceful feeling come over me. I was filled with love for this sweet (crying) baby in my arms and I didn't want to ever let her go. What a special time it is to have with her when I nurse her. There's such a special connection that I can't even describe. So even when she's screaming and I am feeling overwhelmed, I need to remind myself what a precious time it really is.

So after that was over and she was feeling much better, we walked around and looked at lights for a little longer and then headed back to our cars. We all met up at Fashion Place for dinner and then said our goodbyes.


I am grateful for my family, for the temple, for this Christmas season, for James & Brooklyn, and for all the other many blessings in my life. I am so blessed.

(Brooklyn's true feelings about the evening)

No comments: