Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving #2 - Cokeville

The day started out with James getting up bright and early to go play in a little Turkey Bowl. He was pretty fired up. They had a great turn out and James had a great time, even if he didn't win.

Then, we were off to Cokeville, Wyoming.

I could hardly stand the long drive. I was so anxious to be there with my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and of course, my Holmes family. As soon as we walked in the door, Brooklyn was all the rage.

(this was a very common scene ALL weekend)

(Brooklyn in her Thanksgiving outfit)

Dinner was heavenly, to say the least. Oh my goodness. My grandma and aunts (and Mom), know how to put together the most delicious Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing, oh the stuffing! I usually am not the biggest fan, but I couldn't get enough of it. My grandma does it best. The tables were set to a tee and everyone got nice and full.





After dinner, Aunt Suzanne pulled out all the jewelry, headbands, and winter accessories imagineable. It's become a tradition that we all go through this stuff atleast 10 times during this weekend holiday. Everything is priced so reasonably and everyone (ok just the girls) goes nuts over it.



Then, it was glorious nap time. For some anyway.



After everyone's food settled, the little ones and big ones, headed over to the high school gym to burn some calories. Some of us stayed behind and visited, frosted Aunt Holly's famous homemade oreos, and ate some more.


(crackers, salami, and pepper jack cheese)



Friday brought the ever famous shopping trip to Montpelier. Oh we love it. This year there were more of us than usual. We took 3 vehicles: 2 holding 8 and 1 holding 5.

We stopped at the craft fair, Alco, a yummy restaurant for a little Mexican, and Broulin's. We all got stuffed full again and bought some great treasures.

(the newest generation to join the tradition)


(they're so fun!)

(happy after a mid-shopping feeding)


That night, almost everyone headed over to the gym. We shot some hoops, played volleyball, and did some killer work out that included pushing a towel wrapped board across the floor. Ow!

(the fellas)

(the ladies)

The last day was full of as much conversation as we could get in and even more food. We all try to enjoy every last minute we have together.


(I love my grandpa. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of my grandma)

It was such a great Thanksgiving weekend. Some of the best food and best people around. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people in my family. I can't imagine anything better. These are people that have shaped me into who I am today. They are great examples and some of my best friends.

Until next time Cokeville.

(the beautiful view behind my grandparents' home)





No comments: