Monday, April 18, 2011

Hangover

After the weekend that I had, no wonder I woke up with a food/sleep deprived hangover this morning! Weekends in Cokeville will do that to a person. There's always WAY too much food, and NEVER enough sleep.

What a wonderful weekend it was though. Surrounded by so many that I love. It was truly a great celebration of Grandma's life.

Friday night was my favorite part. At around 11:30 that night, a lot of us gathered around several of my great uncles and listened to endless stories of their childhood and stories of Grandpa and Grandma Dayton. Funny stories! We were all sick by the end of the night from laughing so much. My uncles are great people and I feel truly blessed to be related to them.



The funeral was so good. I know that Grandma had the biggest grin on her face as she listened to her children pay tribute to her. The music was awesome. I wish I could share the songs that were performed somehow. They were so special and touching.

Listening to everything 'Grandma Dayton' has really made me want to be more like her. I have always treasured her and admired her, but it was really put into perspective for me this weekend. I want to be the kind of person she was/is. If I could live my life like that I would have nothing to worry about.

The next family gathering to look forward to :

S P R I N G  H A V E N
Memorial Day Weekend




(oh and aunt holly was lucky enough to be dolled up and turned into Willow Smith for a day)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it. I may have to steal some pictures...I'm a slacker and didn't take a single one.