Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

I am so happy it's Friday!

It has been a tiring week.

It has gone by super fast, but boy has it worn me out.

After being away for so long I easily forget how much energy my job takes.

On Monday, as I was walking out to get my class to bring them in, I could here a commotion. As I got closer I started to make out all the crazy noise...

my kids were chanting, "Mrs. Ruesch, Mrs. Ruesch,"... over and over. It made me smile and literally laugh out loud. It was so funny. I got a kick out of it!

As soon as they saw me, confusion set in...they were looking at me like I was some foreign object.

When we entered the classroom it became almost immediately apparent why they were so confused.

"Where's your baby?"

"What's it's name?"

"Are you a mom now?"

"How does the baby come out?"

Wow...

I'm not showing yet, so in their mind, the baby is not in my stomach, so obviously it's out in the world somewhere.

We had a good little 15 minute conversation about when I'll be having the baby and why you can't tell it's in there right now.

They make me laugh every day.

It's been a good week... BUT

I'm ready for the WEEKEND!

Valentine's date with my hubby and bro and sis-in-law. You can read about that HERE!

Grocery shopping.

Clean my house.

Stake conference.


My in-laws are coming over for dinner on Sunday for FHE.

I also get to sleep in for 2 days! WAHOO!

H A P P Y   F R I D A Y

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I didn't realize you were expecting- that is so exciting!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is easy for you. (If not, it's still SO worth it!)

Sara Waldron said...

Oops, I was signed in under Chris' account. That last comment was from me.
Sara

Joshua and Cameron said...

Hi Melinda, I didn't really know you but I was in the same class as Whit (Cami Hodges). I'm so excited for you and your husband on getting pregnant! I kind of went through the same thing, but in a different way. My husband and I had to do in vitro. I know you will both be great parents! Congratulations!