Monday, September 10, 2018

that kind of monday...


i should be putting laundry away or unloading my dishwasher. but i'm runnin' out of gas here at 7:53 pm. we did our family home evening, that james spear headed, where we talked about missionaries and then actually wrote to one in arizona that we found out gets no letters or packages from home (africa). the girls were excited to do this, especially brooklyn. and of course, it had my mama heart aching to think of a young elder who never hears from home. breaks my heart! james stuffed the envelope with one of our christmas cards from last year so that he has faces to the names on our letters to him. i hope they bring him even just the slightest bit of joy! AND NOW, james is watching a show with the girls before they go to bed.



today was basically a marathon: get brooklyn ready for school (picture day today), start laundry, take her to school, gym, grocery pick-up, case lot sale, lunch, throw in another batch of laundry, take keni to preschool, switch out laundry, work on my relief society lesson for next week (terrified about this by the way), switch out laundry, pick up kendall, make muffins, carry all the cases of food downstairs, fold laundry, make dinner, take the girls on a walk......

...phew...

but even as crazy as today was, i found myself enjoying, just a tiny bit, of my simple crazy life. i couldn't ask for better. i'm blessed and i know it, and i'm often unworthy of it. but i try really hard. today i made sure to hug and kiss each of my girls, several times. hold them in my arms, and tell them i love them. hopefully james can get the same attention when the girls go to bed. but really, even when i have crazy days like this, i'm so grateful for the little things that show me how good my life is! video chatting with sisters, a phone call from a sister, an awesome text from my mom (something about my dad being superintendent of the year!), kendall's huge grin on her way into preschool, adi's "sorry mom", and brooklyn's reading out loud in her room, and a husband who comes home happy and excited about his plan for family home evening. the pumpkin spice muffins i made today belong on the list too! and the list could go on... 

(taken after school. totally spaced taking one before heading out the door.)



just one of those mondays that made me crazy tired, but definitely left me crazy grateful at the end of it too!


No comments: