1. brooklyn is my little girly-girl. this was her reward for being good in another store. she got to try on four different lipsticks all by herself. she was in heaven.
2. it makes me wonder what baby girl #2 will be like. total opposite? similar? i can't wait to find out!
3. i am so grateful for the rain we got today. the wind, not so much. but the rain made me totally happy. while james was at class tonight, brooklyn and i ventured out in it and got completely soaked just running in and out of one store. brooklyn loved it. when we got home she begged to stay out and play in the rain while i put the groceries away. she came in giggling because she was soaked. i loved seeing her so happy. hopefully, she won't get sick.
4. james came home for a half hour between work and class tonight. brooklyn talked him into taking her outside (in a new sunday dress), holding her, and jumping ten times on the tramp. she loved it. and she loves her daddy.
5. i got some reading in today. a half hour when brooklyn went down for her nap (and then i took a little nap myself), and then an hour this evening. i finished my book! i'm always a little sad to finish, but i am definitely looking forward to my next book on hold at the library.
6. i did a toy purge in our family room tonight. it felt good. brooklyn has a lot of toys, but she plays with all of them. i bought a basket to keep in the corner and toys that can't fit in the basket will be stored upstairs in a bigger container. i plan on rotating them out occasionally, but seriously couldn't get rid of too many. she loves them all.
7. on thursday, it will be exactly two months until baby girl is born. it definitely doesn't feel real. i remember feeling the same with brooklyn up until our drive to the hospital the morning she was born. oh the excitement! i can hardly take it! we can't wait to welcome this bundle of pink with lots of kisses and snuggles.
h a p p y w e d n e s d a y