Friday, December 14, 2012

red pants and kfc.

yesterday, i washed my hair, put on my red pants and new boots, and then didn't really feel up to much. ever had a day like that? i really did start out all ambitious like, but then, kinda fell into the, ugh-i-don't-wanna-do-anything today mode. so, i caught up on parenthood and new girl during brooklyn's nap. i did, however, attempt to put another christmas tree, but the lights didn't work. fail. so ya know. just one of those days.

i did go to the library though. a book i've had on hold for almost three months, finally got to come home with me. you know how i am with my library books. oh you don't? well, it's serious business. we're kindred spirits those books and me. 

that night, we joined some extended family, including grandpa wayne, at a kfc in salt lake. we had some good chicken and good conversation. it felt all christmas like. ya know, i had my red pants on. so kinda like santa clause. but really, i love my red pants. 

brooklyn had a blast running around in the booths, within reason of course. she also digged aunt chelsea's a&w root beer. she could have easily finished her own. so thanks aunt chelsea for being so generous with your root beer. 







we're ready for the weekend around here. fun plans in store. i'm crossing my fingers that they all see themselves through. i can hardly believe that there will only be one more weekend before christmas after this one. where the heck has december gone?

h a p p y  w e e k e n d i n g and c h r i s t m a s  s h o p p i n g  




No comments: