Friday, June 8, 2012

sleepy summery.

Our day started out sleepy. A nice sleepy summer day. Breakfast was had in bed, strawberry pop tarts. And then a nice morning walk followed. Brooklyn dropped her toothbrush along the way which resulted in a second walk, without the stroller. Then it was baths and nap time.


My brother is back. And I love it. He's only staying for a few days, but I'll take it. Brooklyn was very happy to wake up from her morning nap and see her Uncle Dev. Just a good guy to have around. He helped me with dishes, feeding Brooklyn, entertaining Brooklyn, and running errands with us. I totally take advantage of his help when he's around. Sorry Dev. We love you.

Late afternoon was pool time. Are you getting sick of hearing about and only seeing pictures from the water park? Hopefully not. Sorry if you are. This blog will be soaked in them probably for the rest of the summer. We sure do love getting out and getting some sun (with sunblock on) and playing in the water. Brooklyn especially. She loves it. This time, it was a Ruesch family party. Grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, the whole nine yards. Lots of people for Brooklyn to play in the water with whenever she wanted. Lucky girl.


I enjoyed soaking up the sun and reading my book. Surprised? I really think I might cry when summer ends this year. I'm enjoying way too much all the sun, reading, and slow days of summer that I never want it to end. I can't even think about it or I'll cry. So I'll just keep enjoying it. Soaking it all in and relishing every slow moment and every ounce of sunshine I can.


And Brooklyn will too.


Oh and James as well.


We all will. There's much more summer fun to be had and lots to be checked off the summer bucket list. We love you Summer.

(I especially love you because at the end of your days, my baby looks like this)



BEST NEWS of the week: my grandma's CT scans came back clear! That lung cancer is no match for Grandma Jackie. We love you! Sending big hugs and kisses to Nampa!


h a p p y  w e e k e n d i n g  e v e r y o n e  



3 comments:

John and Randi said...

Your days at the pool are getting me so excited to have a Lille one next summer that I'll be able to take :) you look adorable by the way! Hope we can all get together this summer

katie said...

Love, love, LOVE your hat! So darling. And I love all the pool pictures, your little family is so fun!

Random Forevers said...

randi - the pool is so much more fun when there's a baby to enjoy it with! seriously. and yes, i'm sure we'll all get together sometime this summer. it's been since july!