Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The return and the search

Yesterday morning marked the return of the...

dun dun dun...
-
-
-
-
-

green smoothie


Oh my goodness I love this stuff. It tasted extra good today, it being the first of the summer and all. I really should drink/eat/slurp these year round but something about summer just makes me crave them. I can't explain it. But I sure was excited to wake up and throw all the ingredients into my blender and create this bad boy.

I switch up the ingredients a little, but here's what was in it this time: banana, frozen strawberries, mango, and pineapple, peach yogurt, and a whole bunch of spinach. Oh and a little water. Delicious folks.


Brooklyn and I shared it. She didn't like it as much as I did, but she must have liked it a little, because she kept comin' back for more. I paired it with Belvita breakfast biscuits, of the blueberry kind, and it was a breakfast from summer heaven. It's a great way to start out the day. Heck, load your body with fruits and veggies right off the bat...why not?!


Brooklyn's been walking a ton lately. She's gotten super brave, however, sadly enough...that brought a nice big fat lip. She was almost to the coffee table and BAM, mouth right into the side of it. Broke my heart. Gosh. But I guess she's gonna have to do that a little bit before she nails the walking.


The rest of the day was pretty mellow. She took longer naps than usual, which meant I got things done that I wanted to. We read a few chapters of Stuart Little (not all in one sitting) and also made a Target run. Like I said, mellow day.


Dinner was one of James' favorites: Cajun Chicken Pasta. He loves the stuff. I like it very much too thanks. I made it over a year ago and then couldn't find the recipe. Luckily, I found it last week and threw it into the menu. Imagine my surprise when he walked in the door an hour earlier than usual and then came in the kitchen to find me AND his beloved pasta being 'in the works'. It was a great start to our evening.



After dinner was cleaned up, we ventured out to run some errands. I was on the hunt for a record player. I found one on the KSL classifieds, but it didn't work. What? So, we went to the next best place, the D.I. No luck there, only a few records that I'm 100% stoked about. Now, I just need a record player so I can listen to them. If you know of anyone selling one, giving one away, or maybe one gathering dust in a basement somewhere. I'll take it! My goal is just to find one before next summer. But I'll gladly take one right now if it's under $40. I'd like my summer dinner parties/BBQ to have background music from a RECORD, playing on a RECORD PLAYER. I really do guys. Help me.

Not only did I walk out of that place with some awesome records, but I scored this book from 1967 as well. 1. I think it'll be a great read. 2. It's cute. So there.

-
-
-
-
-

Check out the SALE @ tea collection for Memorial Day weekend!

4 comments:

Violet Rose said...

Try a pawn shop for the record player. I know most pawn shops I have been into in Idaho Falls have at least 1. I dunno, it's worth a try?

Random Forevers said...

thanks vi, i hadn't even thought of that!

e. said...

I bought my in-laws a record player for Christmas this year from Amazon.

I think it was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-3-Speed-Stereo-Turntable-Silver/dp/B000UVKE2I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337914606&sr=8-3

They love it. Plus, it didn't break my bank!

Random Forevers said...

thanks emily! you're a big help! that one's darn cute too!