Friday, April 6, 2012

Moms and their babies

Brooklyn's been getting her first tooth. Boy does that take some work. That little tooth has been pushin' its' way through for almost a week now. Both Baby and Mommy are tired and ready for this tooth to take it's place. Finally. And after last night, Daddy's ready too. 


(sweet baby toes)


Being a baby is tough work. You can't just get up on the couch and chilax with your favorite Mommy. You have to first, pull yourself up to a standing position, suck on the couch cause it feels good on your sore gums, and then try over and over and repeatedly fail to actually get onto the couch cushion. Darn it. Your gums hurt. Your knees are sore from crawling everywhere. And sometimes you just want to talk and be understood.




But boy am I grateful for that hard working baby. My baby. Sweet little bald big eyed baby. Being her mother is the most amazing and rewarding job there ever was. I can't remember life without her. This Easter season, being a first time mom, really brings about it a tenderness that I can not explain. Having a child and realizing what Mary went through as her Son suffered and died for all of us. 


Mary, what an amazing woman. I can't even fathom what she went through that day and night. The heart ache she must have felt. And also, her faith. I know I couldn't stand by and watch all of those horrible things happen to my child. I wouldn't allow it. Mary knew all along this was the plan and she suffered through it with grace. 


I want to be a mother like Mary. So full of love and that unwavering faith. Gosh I do. I want Brooklyn and my other children to grow up knowing that their mother has a strong testimony of the Savior. That my faith is so strong, I could move mountains. I want them to know how much I love the Gospel and our living prophet on Earth today. I don't ever want there to be any doubt in their minds that I love them and would do anything for them. 



This Easter is extra special this year. I am more grateful for the Atonement than ever before. I love my Savior. I know that He lives. And I know that I can be together with my husband and children forever. This holiday is special because we can be reminded of all of these wonderful things. 

No comments: