Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Inside my thoughts.


I love being a mother. It's not always easy. It's hard. But oh my gosh, it's worth it. The late nights. The constant worry. The messes. These are things that have taught me patience. Her smile. The way she just wants me. Her first tooth poking through. Those things just melt my heart. They make it worth it. She's mine. Mine to care for, love, and teach. 

I love being a homemaker. Of course there are days when I just want to sit on my couch and leave that sink of dirty dishes. But there is something about cleaning my home, nesting, and making it comfortable for my family that gives me a joy and power that I can't explain. It makes me happy to be a woman.

(meet my apron = Cordelia)

I am loving springtime. The grass, the blossoms, the smells, the sun, I love all of it. I was very happy to see that while we were in California, the lilac trees started blossoming outside my door. Oh the scent of heaven! So yummy. It's scents like that that make me want to bottle it up and be able to open it when the dark and dreary days of winter get so long.


Having my brother around is also heaven sent. I love being around him and spending time with him. He constantly plays with Brooklyn and is always willing to help. Luckily, he's been around a week longer than we thought due to a CNA class he's been doing. Thank heavens.


The sweet face of my baby. She brings such a sweet spirit to our home. I can't even explain it. She makes me laugh and sometimes want to cry. Oh she's teaching me a lot. Things I know I need to learn. She's my first and will get to take on the role of the oldest child in our family. She made me a mom. What a blessing. 



2 comments:

Boyers said...

Melinda! I completely admire you! You are an incredible mom! The first picture on here is amazing! You are gorgeous!!!

Stephanie said...

So fun to read your blog and see how well you're doing! I think those same things you blogged today every day, so it's fun to read them and relate. You look amazing and Brooklyn is ridiculously cute!