Tuesday, January 31, 2012

6 month appointment

To say that I hate taking Brooklyn to get her shots would be an understatement. I loathe it. It makes me sick to my stomach. I usually don't eat the day she gets shots. But really, it's crazy. One, because I am SO terribly grateful that she is getting these shots. Two, it gives me peace of mind. And three, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right on my daughter's behalf.
But gosh darn it. I hate to see her in pain. And when she got those 4 little needles poked into those deliciously chubby legs...her heart was broken. Mine too. I opted to have her get the flu shot as well, so that added another needle. But boy, what peace of mind. Peace of mind as the flu season is about to start in full force. I want her to be healthy for the rest of this winter. Just as every parent does. 

Luckily, James was able to join us again. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's my right hand man. The pop to my rocks. Brooklyn loves to have him there as well. He's much better at entertaining her than I.

Here they are checking out the cars and people down below from the dr's office waiting room window.


And here we are, waiting


waiting,


and doing some planking. Ya know, to get that six pack for swim suit season.


Waiting makes us hungry for toes.


And here we are post shots, a quick feeding, and lots of loves from yours truly and her daddy.


Her stats at this appointment:

15 lbs 1 oz.
25 1/2 inches long

and healthy as a horse.

Mary Poppins was impressed that she is 'creeping' and rolling all over the place. So are we. We think she's pretty impressive. Here's to another happy healthy 6 months Brookie. Let's celebrate with long naps and trips to Target where we will wander aimlessly and find cool things that we might buy someday.

Love you baby.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Valentine's Day is knockin' on the door.

And I can't wait.




2 comments:

Janine said...

she's tiny and so beautiful. i hate those appointments too.

Sheb and Ali said...

She can hold plank better than I can!