Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkins & doughnuts

What a day.

I had too many things on my to-do list and a baby who had her own agenda. I love that little miss. She just didn't understand that her mom had a lot to get done.

I didn't get everything done which is ok. It's something I've had to learn to be ok with after becoming a mom. My time is not all mine anymore. I did, however, get the best things done. I wanted to get everything for FHE so that we could all enjoy that. It turned out to be a good evening. James got home and we ate Italian Turkey Tacos. Then I got to work on the doughnuts, the Pumpkin Spice doughnuts with maple frosting. I had never made doughnuts before and didn't know what to expect, but they turned out nicely.

(pumpkins and taco toppings)





James and I both ate too many, washed them down with milk, and then tackled the pumpkins. Ok, James tackled the pumpkins. All 3 of them. He's much more creative than I, and plus, I had a baby to feed.

(she's sad because she wants a doughnut)







They turned out so darn cute. We don't do a lot of scary around here. I'm so glad that James gets excited about things like I do. It makes for a happy atmosphere in our home. Brooklyn will be excited one day, for now, she's just happy to gets lots of snuggles and kisses, oh, and be the center of attention.




Tomorrow... a much less busy day. But it'll be a happy one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love me some Brookie!!!