Friday, October 28, 2011

Our Thursday nights

Thursday nights at our house are usually a precursor to the weekends. We always jump the gun. But that's ok. We like it that way.

Jeremy came over.

(are they twins or what? - watching the Halloween episode of The Office)

My mom and Whitney also came to play for a little while. It was a party. More like a calorie fest. For dinner I made Chicken Tortilla Soup piled high with tomatoes, avocados, and cheese. We washed it down with root beer and moved right into dessert.

Delicious melt in your mouth deep dish chocolate chip cookies topped with vanilla ice cream. Mmm... The perfect fall dinner if you ask me. And fall was definitely in the air tonight. I took Brooklyn for a stroll in the crisp night air and just grinned ear to ear. What a great evening, with good people and good food, and my sweet baby in my arms. I could almost hear the excitement of Halloween night. Kids squealing with anticipation of trick-or-treating until their bags are so full of goodies they burst open. Brooklyn will be trick-or-treating before I know it. Until then, she'll have to settle for being bundled up in the evenings to go on walks with her mom.



And what's a post without a picture of that bundle of joy?




1 comment:

The Purcells said...

Melinda, I love reading your blog and seeing updates of cute Brooklyn. It's fun because my little girls are just less than a month younger than her so when you write about things that are happening, it makes me look forward to when they can. She has such a cute smile and happy face. It's fun to read about how you can't get enough of her and I share so many of the feelings you have for her! Being a mom is so much fun!