Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Situation

We have a new sleeping situation here at the Ruesch household,

and it goes a little something like this...



James came up with this riggin, and Brooklyn loves it! She's been going to sleep around 10 PM and sleeping until 2 or 3. It knocks her out. James has also enjoyed it because now she is waking up around 6 AM so he gets to see us before he goes to work. I am so grateful she only gets up once during the night. It wasn't too hard to get her on a schedule that isn't too rough on Mommy. From 2 weeks old on, she's only gotten up once during the night to eat. I definitely can't complain.

I had my post-op check-up today. I wasn't sure what to expect, having had a C-Section and all. I asked my mom what she thought (she and Haley came along since I still can't lift Brooklyn in her car seat)and she said she never had a post check-up so she had no idea.

Well, I had 3 things done:

my weight checked

my finger pricked

and

a good ol pap done.

Only one of those was fun...

I can proudly say that I have lost all my baby weight and I'm back down to what I was when I started. I've lost

25 pounds!!!

I've tried really hard to watch what I eat and pay attention to portion control. Not easy!

My doctor also gave me the go ahead on working out. Not hard core stuff yet, but he said I should be up to that in 2 weeks. So hopefully I can work up to that.

I haven't worked out since December when I was put on bed rest at the beginning of my pregnancy. My body is nice and flabby. Gross. It definitley needs some work. So here's to slimming down so that I can fit into some cute clothes this fall,

and to Brooklyn chunkin' up because I need some cheeks to chew on!

1 comment:

e. said...

25 pounds!!! That's incredible. Good for you...but I sorta can't believe you had that to lose. You looked INCREDIBLE throughout your pregnancy so you must be a rockstar now!