Friday, August 26, 2011

Guess who...

is

1 month old

today?!

This Little Miss is.



I can't believe it. Time has gone by so fast this past month. I honestly feel like she was born yesterday. I have learned a lot and she has taught me so much.



1. Patience is the first thing I learned this past month. I really have never considered myself patient. I definitely wasn't a month ago. But after a lot of trial and error, I have learned how to stop, take a breath, and gather myself. She is the most precious gift I've ever been given and when I remember that, I am such a much better mother.

2. Unconditional love. I thought I understood this when James and I got engaged. Our love has definitely grown and matured in the last 3 and 1/2 years. I thought I couldn't love any deeper. Wrong again. Having Brooklyn made my love grow 10 times, and also increased my love for my husband. I can't even explain it. I am so grateful for this eternal family I am apart of.

3. Unselfishness. My time is no longer mine. It never really was, but being a mother to a newborn definitely changes things. I can't shower, sleep, eat, run errands, or anything else unless it's ok with my little sweetie. Her needs come first. It makes me so happy to take care of her.

I have learned so many other things (like how to eat and do my make up with a baby in one arm) but these 3 are definitely the most important. I am loving being a mom and consider myself absolutely LUCKY.

(those thighs are gettin some chub)

Brooklyn is such a sweet baby. Really. If you ever hear me complain about her being fussy, know that I love her so much and am just being modest about how wonderful of a baby she is. I mean, I only have to get up once during the night with her. It's so great.



So happy 1 month Brooklyn Jayde.

Mommy loves you.

No comments: