Friday, July 22, 2011

FUNK

Yesterday I was in a funk.

A funk I tell ya.

I was nauseated, tired, ornery, and just plain uncomfortable. I basically did nothing.

I read.

I got ready for my doctor appointment - the LAST one of this pregnancy.

Which, by the way, I did not gain any weight at according to the scale in the dr's office. That's the first time since 2nd trimester. I was glad. I don't need to gain another pound!

I came home from that and read some more.

James came home, to no dinner and an unhappy wife. Poor guy.

Today I'm in a funk because almost every single person I love and care about is heading to Wyoming today for Cokeville's 24th Celebration.

:(

Never have I missed it in my whole life.

I don't even know how to wrap my brain around it. I really can't think about it too much or I get teary and a huge lump forms in my throat.

James and I aren't going this year for obvious reasons.

#1 I'd like to stay close to home the next few days - aka close to my hospital and doctor

#2 I'm definitely in the uncomfortable stage and would not be able to do any of the outdoor activities, or walking for that matter

#3 We definitely have a good last-minute to do list that needs to be done by Saturday

I've been telling my cousins not to have a very good time this year, save all that fun, and bring it out next year when the Ruesch clan can be there. Brooklyn will love it! She'll be turning 1! Wow. Can't wrap my brain around that either.

So anyway, I'm in a funk, BUT, I am also anxiously anxiously counting down the hours until we get to meet our daughter. So surreal. It creates a happy place in my heart next to all the funky stuff.

H A P P Y  2 4 TH  O F  J U L Y ! 


p.s. I finished the Book of Mormon this week! What a great feeling!

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

We'll miss you this week!!

Sheb and Ali said...

Don't worry we will have zero fun without you. We will all be miserable and just anxiously waiting for next year when you will be there and we can have fun again.

Anonymous said...

love you nin!!!! :)

-Haley