Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby Brooklyn

Wow! What a day! Brooklyn, our new baby daughter, was born today at 8:12 am weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz. She is 20 inches long and has blue eyes and dark hair. She had been breach so today was a scheduled c-section and it went very well! Melinda was a total trooper! I'm so proud of her! She really was amazing! I am so grateful for them both and feel so blessed! I can't explain the feeling of seeing Brooklyn for the first time as they pulled her out by her ankles from the tiny incision they made in Melinda's abdomen. All I can say is that it was a great feeling and I was blessed with peace and comfort and a feeling that everything was going to be alright, a feeling I have felt several times throughout the pregnancy. She is so beautiful! I look forward to teaching her and playing with her! For now though, we are happy to enjoy her and learn along the way!










posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is darling and you look great! Congratulations, I am really happy for you!

Rex and Em said...

She is beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you two, you guys are going to be great parents!!! The Ovard clan can't wait to meet her!!! : )

Maclaine & Sara said...

Congratulations, she is darling! So happy for you!