Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My DAD


My dad is something special, and not in the way everyone else thinks their dad is special. 

He really is. If you know him, then you know what I'm talking about. He has a way with people. A gift. I've never been able to pin point it, but it is definitely a gift.


Through coaching, teaching, and administration, he has touched so many lives. People that only know him from the other side of the court/field even love and admire him.


On Father's Day, he received a letter from one of his students. A letter letting my dad know that he has truly been a huge part of his life. A hero. A father figure. My dad was touched. None of us were suprised. So many people feel the same way.

I am lucky enough, however, to get to call him Dad. He is definitely one of my favorite people and one of my best friends. I am so lucky.


My daughter has no idea how much her grandpa already loves her. He wants her to be born now. He will be one of her greatest supporters and care for her like only a grandpa can.

I know she already loves him too.

And she can't wait to meet him.

1 comment:

Barbaloot said...

Your dad is one of my favorite people, too. I think he's just so awesome and always so fun to be around---even when were debating about soccer vs. football:)