Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spring Haven 2011/Name revealing!

I love Spring Haven. We've been going there now for over a decade. It's a huge home donated to the church by a very generous man who wanted to provide a great place for family reunions. Thank you sir!

This Spring Haven trip was like the rest in the fact that there was: tons of food, lots of laughing, and not a lot of sleeping. It was different to not have 4 of the boys there and especially not to have Ki there. We missed them.

Saturday, my cute family threw a baby shower for me. Girls only. Advice was given, fun presents were opened, and tears were shed. I loved it.








and...


drumroll...


The cute little favors my cousins made had the baby's name on them.

So without further ado...

(BABY BROOKLYN)

Every year we do a genealogy/family history page to put in our family history binders. This year, it was 8 pages, and it was on Grandma Dayton.



Saturday night was the all-ever famous, talent show.

(Grandpa and the 3 uncles singing Tumbleweed)

(Kate playing the flute)

(Ben and Mitch dancing - sooo cute)

(Kayla doin Miranda)

(Shelb playin Blink)

(Tom, McKay, and Beau - the Haka)

(uncles and aunts singing Farmer Tan - my fave)

And of course, it was ALL food ALL the time.






(containers full of yummy baked goods - sooo good!)

We celebrated a few birthdays:


(BTS cake - and lots of it!)

My favorite of all was everyone that was there. I love these people so much. Here are just a few:




It was such a great time spent with great people. We had such a great time and can't wait for next year.

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I love that place---looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love the picture of Steve holding Kate's music. So perfect.

And what are the family history books you do? They look awesome. Would you bring yours to Cokeville so I can see it?

Or...are you going to be in Cokeville? Isn't that about the time you're due?

Sara Waldron said...

I think it is such an awesome tradition that you guys go there each year! Sounds like a great time- I sure love the whole Peterson family. And good choice of baby name. :)

Sheb and Ali said...

Oh can we please go back. That was so much fun I wish we could have stayed for way way longer. I was not expecting to like it that much! Ha so glad I married into this family.