Friday, April 1, 2011

Enjoying it!

+ 6 days until I go off track

+ 122 days (round about) until this baby comes

+ 8 months until my brother comes home

+ 1 month and 4 days until James graduates (WAHOO!)

+ 1 day until conference

With so many things to look forward to, I find myself wishing my life away. At some points in my life I have been really good at living in the moment and enjoying every day. Life is so much more enjoyable that way. I live for the weekends right now. I don't enjoy each day during the week. It makes me frustrated when I really stop and think about it, and I just want to kick myself.

"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." - Gordon B. Hinckley

I have this quote in my living room and I do read it often, I just don't THINK about it. It's so true though. What a happier person I would be if I could live by this. It would be a great life motto. I don't want my life to be over quickly. I WANT to enjoy it. I NEED to enjoy it.

So...

Here are a few things that I will enjoy today:

1 - waking up next to my husband

2 - a hot shower

3 - a nice breakfast

4 - listening to the Morning Zoo on my way to work

5 - the silence of my classroom before the school day starts

6 - the smiles on my students' faces as I bring them into the building

7 - comical comments or situations that will happen (I work with 5 year olds for crying out loud)

8 - seeing that 1 student who is so excited every Friday about the 'coolest' library book they chose

9 - the bell at the end of the day

10 - getting my classroom in order for the next week (I love this part)
11 - feeling accomplished and organized as I drive home

12 - James' hug and kiss (and sometimes bum squeeze) when I walk in the door

13 - seeing my grandparents and great-uncle (who will be speaking during the Saturday morning session) and aunt

14 - dinner at Red Robin

15 - family time

Here's to enjoying the journey and living in the moment!

H A P P Y   C O N F E R E N C E   W E E K E N D !

(22 weeks)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHH!!! I don't see you for a week or so and you just popped! cute cute

Anonymous said...

You kind of look pregnant now. Good job...haha