Friday, April 2, 2010

eAsTeR!

every day i have my kindergarteners write in their journal. throughout the school year the criteria gets harder, write atleast 4 words, 8 words, 2 sentences with punctuation at the end, etc.



this past wednesday was our last day of school for the week, so i suggested that they write and draw about easter. (i always have a few who say they don't know what to write-EVERY DAY- so i thought i'd beat them to the punch)

they worked for about 20 minutes and then started to line up at my dest to get their journal stamped. i was seeing lots of pictures of the easter bunny and candy, but then one of the boys completely caught me off guard.



he had drawn a picture of Jesus on the cross and written this under it:
"I luv Jesus so much sum tims it maks me cry."

Tears sprang to my eyes and a huge lump formed in my throat. he put into words exactly how i feel sometimes.

i was so grateful for this reminder of why we celebrate easter. i too love my Savior so much that sometimes it makes me cry.



have a wonderful easter!

1 comment:

Stephanie and Andrew said...

That is the sweetest thing ever, it brought tears to my eyes! I love to read what your students have to say next!