Monday, March 9, 2009

Braves! State Champs...Again!


Deven couldn't have asked for a better senior year: a state championship in football, and awesomely (is that a word?)enough, a state championship in basketball as well. It was such a fun weekend for our family! Three very intense games, but we had the best outcome we could have asked for! It was so fun having Grandma & Grandpa Petersen, Grandma Jackie, and Uncle Lyman there to support. It meant a lot to all of us to have them there. James and I had fun just getting away and relaxing together. We love hangin out together! We really do have a good time together. It means a lot to see him care so much about a team and a school that he was never officially a part of. He cheers louder than anyone (sometimes that gets him into trouble! a.k.a. big manti guys wanna beat him up :) ). I couldn't have married anyone better. He has been such a great support to Dev and my dad this year. We all love him! I especially love him when he drives ALL the way home to Taylorsville from Cedar :( poor guy! But he got us home safely, by 2AM. I love him! Anyway, enjoy some pics from the big weekend! GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








2 comments:

Parry's said...

K i can't even tell you how HAPPy i am that I found your blog (hope you don't mind). Way to go Braves, Devin, and Coach holmes. THat is so sweet. Please please send my congrats! I miss your cute family, but love love love your blog to be able to have an update. Everyone looks so Dang cute and HAPPY!(and grown up) Can't believe Devin is a senior. Congrats to you and your hubby! Tell your mom and dad hi!
Oh and this is Amber (bingham) parry
I do have a blog but it is private i would love to invite you so email me if you want. amber@bearlakeview.com

Barbaloot said...

Melinda! I didn't know you had a blog---thanks for finding mine so I could find out:)

Congrats to Deven---and the rest of your family. That's so exciting that basketball and football both took state his senior year.

Hopefully we see each other sometime soon...but if not, at least I can keep in touch with you this way.