Friday, April 20, 2012

Curiosity and Chick Peas

Brooklyn decided she'd get into some mischief today. It was rainy and we hadn't been outside and therefore, she was bored. I think. I'm pretty sure. So, she decided she'd use her new purple beach chair from Grandma and Grandpa Ruesch as a stepping stool. She loves bright colorful things and wants to touch them with those chubby little fingers. My SPRING blocks in the windowsill are an example of this. And she wanted them. So she figured out a way to get them.


She thought she was big stuff. Queen of the world, on top of that purple beach chair. You should have seen the humongous grin on her face when I caught her. Oh that girl. But of course, the camera came out and the grin went away.

 (my little mischievous girl)

The sun came out almost immediately so we opted for sunshine and grass. Brooklyn knows we're going outside as soon as I open our door that leads to our stairs that then leads to our door to go outside. She smiles and starts slapping my back and kicking her legs. She's pumped. Once we get outside, she wants to get down and explore on her own. Already trying to be independent. It makes me happy that she's so curious.  It also makes me nervous because she's not afraid to crawl, climb, or eat anything in her path. I have to put my mommy goggles on and be on super mom duty. Tough work. But I too enjoy the sunshine and watching her explore.

Our cupboards have been bare due to the fact that we were on vacation last week and I've been trying to get back into the swing of normal life. Grocery shopping has not been a priority (don't worry we went last night). I wanted a snack and we seriously had nothing. I remembered a can of garbanzo beans in my pantry. I also remembered a recipe from Studio 5 I'd seen a few weeks earlier. I had all the ingredients and decided to try this tasty HEALTHY snack.


You guys, these are good. You have to try them. My husband even liked them. I didn't even feel guilty about eating a whole bunch of them. I seasoned mine a little differently than they suggested. I used garlic salt, cumin, seasoning salt, and a little rosemary.


This weekend will be spent at my in-laws and at my brother-in-law's cabin. I can't wait. Relaxation and family time. The best recipe for a good weekend. I'm pumped. Now to get packing!

h a p p y  w e e k e n d i n g !


1 comment:

e. said...

She looks too tiny to be upright like that. It's freaking my trash out! She's going to walk in no time.