Thursday, June 30, 2011

Career Change

I don't even know how to put my feelings into words right now.

My last day of teaching.

Wow.

I really never thought it would come.

Every time I got pregnant I imagined life as a stay at home, and then obviously that never lasted very long so I would have to go back to thinking that I would be teaching for a long time.

I've wanted to be a stay at home mom ever since I can remember. In elementry when we'd have to do some sort of assignment or project about careers, I always chose MOM.

I really never imagined myself doing anything different.

Amazing how life doesn't go how we planned it would.

My life definitely hasn't.


I have, however, learned a lot about being a mom by teaching Kindergarten. I've been able to watch some great moms and learn a lot from them. 


My own mother has been a great example. She always made sure we made the best of every situation and she was always there. I hope I've taken good mental notes!


It will be weird in July to not be setting up a classroom, receive new class lists, or go to faculty meeting.


But


I'm pretty sure I'm going to love my new job 


as


a


MOM.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want your new career too...Haha