Tuesday, July 27, 2010

24th of JuLy & beAr LaKe (picture OVERLOAD!)

we had such a GREAT weekend! i LOVE the 24th of JULY celebration in cokeville. i've never missed it in my 24 years of existence, and i never plan to.

so the following pictures are a documention of our weekend, starting off with camping at bear lake :) & then the awesome celebration in cokeville!

-evening @ bear lake

-the tent

-lakeside pizza!







-my sisters



-i even survived the weekend with a HUGE mean cold sore :(





-morning @ bear lake. james made us all a yummy dutch oven breakfast!



















-then...he tamed a lizard. a man of many talents.



-the ever famous cokeville parade. about 20 floats, and it turns around comes back down the street in case you didn't get enough candy the 1st go round!







-this year was the 1st annual 7 on 7 flag football tourn. james was all over it!



-we ATE ALL weekend LONG!

-there is ALWAYS great company!

-my 100 year old great-grandma & a great uncle enjoying time together

-heading out to the cottonwood ranch to watch the boys blow stuff up

-cute lil jack

-the beautiful cottonwood ranch

-shelb and beau

-the crowd. waiting for stuff to be blown up.



-cute dayton cousins!

-jake got ordained an elder. almost exactly 1 year ago from the day dev was ordained.

-sad to say our goodbyes.

-lots of goodbyes and promises to get together soon.

i am so grateful for such a wonderful family. i feel so blessed to be related to such good people. we love each other. the 24th is a great time for us to show our love and even learn to love each other a little more!

4 comments:

Brittney Petersen said...

it was the best weekend ever! love our family..

Barbaloot said...

Love the pictures you have of my nieces and nephews---maybe I'm biased. And also, I'll probly steal them both from you:) Love the other pictures, too. I'm jealous of Bear Lake camping.

It was such a great weekend---as usual. I loved being there and seeing all of you guys.

PS---who won the flag football game between Daytons and Petersens...? I can't remember:)

Unknown said...

i love that picture you have of james during breakfast at bear lake. he looks so handsome!

Buffy Dayton said...

that is a dang cute picture! How do I steal it? All those pictures make me really sad I didn't go, but it was good I didn't! You are so darling!